CITY OF LIBBY
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING # 1494
MONDAY MAY 21, 2018 @ 7:00PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – CITY HALL
CALL TO ORDER:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Prayer offered by Roy Yoder.
- Approval of minutes 1491 held on April 2,2018.
- Approval of minutes 1492 held on April 16,2018.
- Approval of minutes from the special meeting Preliminary Engineering Report Water held on May 7.
- Approval of minutes from the special meeting Preliminary Engineering Report Water held on May 9.
- City Administrators Report
- City-County Board of Health
PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS:
This is an opportunity for the Public to offer comments related to issues that are not currently on the agenda that council has jurisdiction over, limited to 3 minutes.
Each new agenda item will be introduced by the Mayor (or assigned liaison) with a description of the item and explanation for recommended action. Following council discussion on each item will be an opportunity for public comment (prior to any action taken). Public comment is limited to agenda item being discussed (limit to 3 minutes
- Vince Brown, Libby Volunteer Ambulance to discuss the future of LVA’s financial and personnel issues.
- Approve funds for Fireman’s park bathroom from Community Development Fund (2959).
- Approve Ordinance 1916-An ordinance of the city council of the City of Libby Montana amending certain chapters of title 10-vehicles and traffic. Second reading.
- Approve five renewal business licenses received to date.
- Approve all new business licenses received.
- A Helping Hand-675 E 5th St, Libby MT – Personal care, Run errands, housekeeping, and MD appointments.
- Glenn Johnson-802 W. Balsam St.-Commercial /Residential development remodeling, renovation and maintenance.
- Libby Web Site Re-Design. (web design committee)
- Council Rules and Procedures (council president)
- Transparency Week June 4-8, 2018
Presentation on June 4,6pm featuring “How your Government Works” (e.g., the progress of improving infrastructure; sidewalk program; changing ordinances, etc.,)
GENERAL COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL:
Manner of Addressing Council:
- Each person not a Council member shall address the Council, at the time designated in the agenda or as directed by the Council, by stepping to the podium or microphone, giving that person’s name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record, unless further time is granted by the Council, shall limit the address to the Council to three minutes.
- All remarks shall be addressed to the Council as a body and not to any member of the Council or Staff.
- No person, other that the Council and the person having the floor, shall be permitted to enter into any discussion either directly or through a member of the Council, without the permission of the Presiding Officer.
- No questions shall be asked of individuals except through the Presiding Officer.
- Any person making personal, impertinent or slanderous remarks or who shall become boisterous or disruptive during the council meeting shall be forthwith barred from further presentation to the council by the presiding officer, unless permission to continue by granted by majority vote of the council.